Tuesday, May 01, 2007

SHHHHH, I THINK I GOT A NIBBLE!


Wow! Today finally came! I'm so excited. At 1:30 pm, I begin the process of filling out my retirement paperwork. It will only take about 2 hours to fill them out but then it takes 3 months for the forms to work their way through the bureaucracy(or should I say "the system"?). On August 31, 2007 I walk out the doors and into a new life.

So what will I do after 29 years of work? Well, I have a 2 year decompression plan that will bring together a couple of special things. The first is a solo, non-supported, cross-country bicycle tour. The other is to hike the Appalachian Trail. If all goes as planned the bicycle tour is first up starting in April 2008 and then in April 2009 the AT hike begins.

Until the end of this year, I'll relax, start an eBay business, travel with Kim, become a Cabana boy, and of course find a Fall marathon to run.

Stay tuned as the adventure unfolds.

Marc

No comments: