Wednesday, October 10, 2007

South Africa was a Blast!


Hello everyone,

I'm speechless over the South Africa trip. What an adventure! Our hosts, Peter and Gavin, rolled out the red carpet and treated us to a trip of a lifetime. Of course Kim's brother John deserves a lot of credit too for helping coordinate a fantastic journey. The sights, sounds, and culture left an indelible mark on me and I will always remember the good time our group had.

The main focus of the two week vacation was exploring Kruger National Park. We spent 12 hours a day cruising the park in search of the "The Big Five" (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo). We managed to see everything but leopard- not too shabby!

Our group took just over 4500 pictures. I'm sifting through them now. The Canon Rebel XTI digital camera performed very well. The lenses I took along were the 70-300mm zoom and the 17-55mm 2.8 lens. Both were great choices even though I must admit I wanted a 400mm lens at times.

Check out a sampling of the pictures at: South Africa 2007

Here's a short video clip taken by our Brazilian friend Marilia. It gives you an idea of our daily experience. Enjoy!



Later,
Marc

No comments: