Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rocket Launch!!!!

I took my brother and brother-in-law this past weekend to watch a rocket launch put on by Rocketry Carolina in Midland, NC. It was a perfect day with cool temps and mild winds. This was the first "officially sanctioned" rocket launch I had ever been to. Oh, I had built and launched small rockets before but this event took things to a whole new level for me.

It's really amazing to see how the hobby has progressed. I'll admit I'm hooked......

A Physics Professor with one of his students happy after a successful flight of a scratch built rocket.

Assortment of re-loadable rocket motor casings

Some big boys! The orange rocket is the one in the video below. Amazing!


Yep, it's a V2 rocket

Close-up of the ignition system


These fellows tried several times to get this complex multiple engine rocket off the ground. No go. Maybe next time?

No comments: