Monday, April 26, 2010

Square Foot Garden Update 4


YEEHAW!!! The square foot garden went vertical this week. That's right, I built a trellis to support the sugar snap peas and bush beans that were planted last week and are really taking off.

I worried the wire cages wouldn't be high enough for them so I constructed a 5 1/2 foot tall trellis out of:

2- 10 foot sections of 1/2 inch electrical conduit
2- 4 foot sections rebar
2- 1/2 inch PVC plumbing T connectors
1- Nylon vegetable netting (5' x 8')

It turned out great!


The trellis (back) made from electrical conduit


I used 1/2" PVC "T" connectors to attach the upright


4 foot sections of rebar hold the posts up


Bush beans and sugar snap peas next to the nylon netting. Looking good!


I transplanted several cantaloupe seedlings around the raised beds this week


Squash!!


Corn!


More stir fry with fresh bok choy and edamame


Well that's it for this update. Thanks for following along!

No comments: