Monday, November 21, 2005

Gimme a Big Old Chunk Of It!


One thing about being single, you definitely learn to eat on the cheap and out of cans. Now I've been trying different brands of tuna fish over the past several months and finally discovered a favorite. The criteria was simple- great taste and quality. While the brands I sampled tasted pretty much all the same it became apparent that quality would be the deciding factor. Quality to me was measured in how "chunky" the tuna was. Bumble Bee, Starkist, and most of the generic store brands were all losers. I began to wonder if the tuna packed in these brands were leftovers from the packing room floor. Drain the water out of these cans and you'll end up with half the contents slipping away down the sink. Some people may like this style and I suppose if you were making some mutant kind of tuna fish salad it would be easier to mix in all the other ingredients. Not me.

The winner and hands down favorite in my apartment- Chicken of the Sea. I've yet to find a bad can of Chicken of the Sea tuna. Talk about chunk's (it's the chunkiest national brand. Says so right on the label)! There's real tuna fish meat in every can. Keep in mind how important this is for a bachelor. It's so much easier eating chunky tuna right out of the can. You can use a fork or chopsticks instead of a spoon. Mix in a little rice or instant potatoes and you've got a quick and easy meal.

AAHHHH, the joys of being a satisfied man.........


Later,

No comments: