Monday, April 03, 2006

YEEHAW, I've Decided to Run the Big Sur Marathon in the Buff !!

Artists rendering of what I'll probably look like at the Big Sur finish line. (Phidippides collapses, "We Have Won", Luc-Olivier Merson 1869)

.......no, no, not that kind of buff-- wearing my "BUFF" headgear. Ricky from Virginia introduced me to this marvelous piece of equipment a couple of months ago and I'm glad he did. If you're a fan of the television series "Survivor" you know this is the type hat all the competitors wore. Made from microfiber, it keeps you warm in cold weather by trapping a layer of warm air yet wicks away perspiration when it's hot outside thus keeping you cool. Pretty ingenious huh?

This is a Buff !

........ and the most amazing thing is it can be worn like 13 different ways! So, let me demonstrate on "Stan the Skeleton Man". The Buff can be.....

A Neckerchief

A Headband

The Funky Blindchicken

A Wristband

The Foulard

An Aliceband

or a Balaclava

A Scarf

Worn as a Hairband

The Saharane (my favorite)

A Cap

Avast Me Hearties, It's a Pirates Hat

....and finally, the Mask

I've been really impressed with this simple hat. It makes the perfect runners accessory. They cost around $20.00 and come in a multitude of colors. If your interested check out the Buff USA website below. (I'm not affiliated with the company in any way- I just like their product!)

www.buffusa.com

Stay tuned for more as we prepare for Big Sur........

Later,
Marc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it, I want the same one!!!