Friday, April 07, 2006

YOU DID WHAT??

I rode my bicycle across North Carolina- WOOHOO!

In early 2004, I stumbled across a website dedicated to bicycle touring. The "Crazy Guy On A Bike" web page, created by Neil Gunton, was designed for people to share their bicycle touring stories in a journal format. I was hooked from the beginning and began to explore the possibility of doing a tour myself.

Then in October 2004, the dream became reality. I completed my first fully self-supported long distance bicycle tour across North Carolina. Two friends and I rode from Sparta, NC in the mountains to Currituck Island on the coast in seven days. We traveled what's known as NC bicycle route 4 or the "North Line Trace" which basically hugs the North Carolina/Virginia border.

The trip turned out to be a true adventure full of interesting experiences and remarkable people. I reminisced today and thought it would be fun to share my journal with you. So if you're interested check it out at the link below........

Touring the Tarheel State

Later,

Marc

No comments: