Monday, February 07, 2011

VZ Navigator App Missing on New Verizon iPhone4?


That's right. There's a big problem with the new Verizon iPhone4 when it comes to maps. If you checked that you wanted the VZ Navigator feature on your phone during the pre-order event for existing Verizon customers don't expect it to be pre-installed on your iPhone4 when you get it- it's not. The app isn't even available on iTunes or the Verizon webpage for that matter. Why?

Well, it appears the mis-step is because the app isn't ready for the new Apple device. In fact, when I tried to download the app tonight off the Verizon web page I got an error message saying it wasn't available for my phone(?). Oops!

A quick call to Verizon customer service revealed VZ Navigator should be available on February 10th when the entire rest of the know universe will be able to order the phone from Verizon.

Sure this is a minor bump in the road for a roll out that has gone exceedingly well by any standard. I just wish Verizon hadn't dangled the carrot in front of me. Guess I'll just wait to see if February 1oth is the date this kink gets worked out.

Oh, the customer service rep took the feature off my plan so I wouldn't get charged for it. Good move.

Cheers!

No comments: